Illustrator- Calligram

For this assignment we had to create ourselves using words. I took a picture of myself and made it the background then circle part of my face that had colors to create sections to write words in. We had to write a letter to our future self so i tried to keep positive words on there and little memories. I also included lyrics from my current favorite songs as a reminder. I used the text tool to type out the words then the paint drop to get the color from the original image. The selection and direct selection tool were used to manipulate the words and stretch them out to fit my face. I personally went with the natural coloring of my face then random colors because i like being natural and am not into vibrant colors. I picked a purple background because I felt it was flattering to my complexion.
 

Comments